Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Issue 92 (2013-2014)

Issue 92 (January 29, 2014)

Sidebar

State of the Union
It is not necessary to clap every time Obama says freedom, democracy, or new jobs. But if you don’t, you hate America.

Tommy’s Joke of the Day
What did the chemist say when someone threw sodium chloride at him?
That’s a salt.

Pitbull featuring Ke$ha
Come out today at Eva May to see the Girls Basketball team put a stomp on Country Day. Show up and don’t forget the Alamo or to yell timber when you’re cutting down some Torreys (joke creds: Alarisse).

 Articles


Things I Like About Bishop’s
By: Dan Forssman

At Bishop’s, it’s easy to write bitter rants about the uniform, or to find something to complain about, but often we forget to mention or be thankful for the things we love. Here’s a list of things I like about Bishop’s. It’s far from finished, and if you think it’s missing something, then I encourage you to make your own. Instead of searching for the things  that make you mad, find the things that do just the opposite, and dwell on them. They don’t last forever. Here you go:

Bonnie’s sandwiches
The umbrella
Colorful backpacks
Eva May
Announcements
The old library
E Days
Middle school PE
Soft starts
Advisory (Freestyle Fridays)
Lebowitz
Spongebob club
Milkbreak
Upper Cummins bathroom
The Dungeon
Peer Support
That one tree
Shorts
Running LJ
The Daily Urinal
Wheeler Bailey
Rollercoasters
Field Hockey
Cutting corners on the quad
Some teachers
Some students
A lot of moments

Under The Microscope
By: Emily Gao

To some, Ben Duehr is a father, to others a sass sensei, and to a rare few, he is Aquaman.  Perhaps you may have spotted him as he saunters to his room, to the pavilion in bodacious Christmas apparel, or out of the ocean waves.  Learn more about the wonders of Benjamin Duehr right here.

Ideal dinner date & food:
“I like Mexican food...so that’d be appropriate. Uh, lots of chips and salsa. *pantomimes eating chips with salsa* Who would [my dinner date] be? This is a tough one... I would go with Darwin and be like “why did you marry your first cousin?”

Duehr-ble task:
“...telling a tidepool story with hand puppets and then later giving a college level lecture.”

Teaching superpower:
 “Hostility...Maybe shooting lasers out of my eyes to get students to stop sleeping. Even though you HAVE to take Biology, you should WANT to. Like wow ‘I know I’m not going to be a scientist, I know I’m not going to be a biologist but I [sure] appreciate knowing this stuff now.’ ”

He’s got his own TV show! It’s called:  
My wife and I often comment, “is this real life?” on our kids behavior because we can’t believe what our kids are doing. Maybe a reality TV show on that or I also like Survivor esque shows... perhaps “Mr Duehr presents: Classroom Survival.”

What’s with the Christmas sweaters? Did you just slip one on and have a rush of power?:
I think Mr. Samale and I thought it would be fun to have an official “sweater day” ... So I went out to Walmart and bought one for both of us- matching- so we had them and we got such  a fabulous response that I was encouraged to obtain more and more and now its like, a culture thing. ... my sister actually bought me one yesterday. I now own a total of eighteen.”





No comments:

Post a Comment